Integrated 2T - 6T Solenoid Magnet
- The superconducting magnet is wound from twisted multifilamentary Niobium-Titanium (NbTi)/ Niobium-Tin (NbSn2) superconductor wire embedded in a copper matrix
- Twisted filaments maximize magnetic stability and minimize magnetic hysteresis.
- Electrical insulation is provided by the insulation on the wire and by the epoxy matrix between the windings
- The magnet wire is bonded in an epoxy matrix to prohibit wire movement and prevent premature quenching
- The magnet coils are over-wrapped with a cord to help protect the windings from routine handling.
- High-temperature superconducting current leads are used to allow fast ramping of the magnet while minimizing heat generation